The eight international NUM Leadership Conference – Capacity Development for Transformation under the topic of “Innovation in Public Administration” was successfully held on 17th October, 2019.
The conference is organized annually by the Department of Public Administration, SIRPA, NUM, with the support of the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS). This year it is co-hosted by the Civil Service Council of Mongolia, German Research Institute for Public Administration, German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer, Germany and other participant organizations.
Especially, we are expressing our gratitude to the KAS for the valuable financial support.
Keynote speech and workshops invited participants to exchange ideas and develop visions of how to enhance innovation in public administration. Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Jan Ziekow, director of the German Research Institute for Public Administration, Speyer, Germany, doctor honoris causa of NUM and advisor of the Public Administration Department, SIRPA, NUM has been participated in the conferences as the keynote speaker.
For the keynote speech and workshops we are looking forward to welcoming:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Jan Ziekow, Director of the German Research Institute for Public Administration, Speyer, Germany, doctor honoris causa of NUM and advisor of the Public Administration Department, SIRPA, NUM, “Capabilities of public administrations to innovate and trigger Innovation”
- Prof. Dr. Wojciech Federczyk, Director and chief executive, Lech Kaczyński National School of Public Administration, Warsaw, Poland, “Innovation in the Polish Public Administration”
- Prof. Dr. Hee Jeong Park, Busan National University, Korea, and President of Audit and Inspection Research Institute of Korea, “Accountability System in Korea”
- Prof. Dr. Agata Kosieradzka-Federczyk, Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University, Warsaw, Poland, “Public Policy and the Innovation in the Public Sector in Poland. Where do we stand today?”
- Prof. Dr. Bu-Yuong Han, Senior Researcher, Korea Research Institute for Local Administration (KRILA), Korea, “Innovation in the local administration in Korea”
- Prof. Dr. Olga Kotomanova, Dean of the social and psychological faculty Banzarov Buryat State University, Russia, “Public-private partnership as a new form in public administration of the social sphere”
- Mr. Chheng Saoleng, Program Officer for Local Governance, and Meanchey University of Cambodia, “Innovation in the public sector of Cambodia”
- Prof. Dr. Nadegda Antonova, Head of the Department of social work theory Banzarov Buryat State University, Russia, “Public-private partnership as a new form in public administration of the social sphere”
- Dr. Baasanjav Ganbaatar, School of International Relations and Public Administration, NUM, “Innovative policy of public private partnerships”
- Prof. Dr. Burmaa Natsag, Head of the public administration department, School of International Relations and Public Administration, NUM, “Innovation in Public Administration in Mongolia”
The meeting was attended by scholars from the National University of Mongolia, the Office of the Parliament, the Civil Service Council of Mongolia, UNDP, World Bank, German Embassy, GMIT, GIZ-IMRI, the University of Science and Technology, the University of Domestic Affairs, the University of Defense, the University of Etugen, and the University Mandakh, National Law Institute, the Buyant-Ukhaa Customs Authority, Aimag and Capital City Governors of Selenge Aimag, Chingeltei district, Bayanzurkh district as well as private sector representatives were participated in the conference.
The participants chose between the following series of workshops dealing with “Innovation in the public administration” and its theoretical perspectives and practical experience.
Various activities for getting to know each other completed the program. The international experts made a valuable contribution to public sector reforms by focusing on public administration innovation aspects.
Public Administration Department
School of International Relations and Public Administration